There are various reasons why a person would want to remove hair from the body. In today's society that is mostly done from esthetic reasons, but before that it was traditional to remove hair based on religion beliefs. Some of the reasons for hair removal include medical conditions and sporting reasons. Whatever the reason, hair removal has become a part of the daily routine for many men and women, as such people have invented various methods to remove hair temporary and permanently. Here are the top five hair removal methods used today.
- Shaving is the number one hair removal method in the world. It's not that it is the most efficient, but it is the most widespread removing hair method. In fact, it has the lowest efficiency for removing hair and the skin needs to be given extra care after shaving. The results vary, but usually a person needs to shave again in 1 to 3 days.
- The next on the list of removing hair methods is depilation. Also not so efficient, but it is very easy to use and the results can go up to two weeks of not having to depilate. This also falls under inexpensive and quick methods to remove hair from the body, but like with shaving, extra skin care is necessary.
- Number three hair removal method is waxing, mostly popular with women. This is also a cheaper and quick method to remove body hair, but unlike the previous ones it has a result up to 8 weeks, but that result comes with a price. Skin irritation is a common appearance with waxing, so in some cases it is not recommended. It can be very painful, so not every person will opt for waxing.
- Number four is rising in popularity as we speak, and that is laser hair removal treatment. This is a permanent hair removing method. As such it can be quite expensive. It is practically painless, a person may feel a slight discomfort, but going for laser removing hair must be done by a professional in order to avoid skin damage. So if you opt for this method be sure to pick the best.
- Number five hair removing method is on the rise since the day it was invented, and more and more men and women opt for this method. We are talking about hair inhibitors. Hair inhibitors are used after shaving or waxing or any other method except depilation. Hair inhibitors reduce the hair growth over time up to 90%, in some cases hair growth is stopped permanently. They need to be applied over time, in the course of 3 to 6 months the results are always more than visible.
These are the top five hair removal methods in today's society. Each one of these methods has its benefits and faults. Some are cheap and easy to use but they may cause pain or even skin problems, other may be more expensive but the results are much better. Choosing the right removing hair method is important for a person's skin, after all, some of these methods and other methods available may cause permanent damage and skin irritation, so choose accordingly.